Students are expected to demonstrate proficiency in developing and using models, analyzing and interpreting data, designing solutions, and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information. Students use these scientific and engineering practices to demonstrate understanding of the disciplinary core ideas.
Students are expected to define global problems through qualitative and quantitative analysis and develop possible solutions through improving design.
At NG, our Science curriculum aims to help all students to be able to:
- Demonstrate grade-appropriate proficiency in developing and using models
- Develop and use models, plan and conduct investigations
- Analyze and interpret data
- Construct explanations
- Use mathematics and computational thinking
- Engage in argument from evidence, and obtain, evaluate, and communicate information
- Use these practices to demonstrate understanding of the core ideas.
- Define global problems and develop possible solutions through improving design